Click Bait Click Bait

I came, I saw, I bought the soundtrack.

In all seriousness, though, I loved everything about this. The animation was cute without being distracting, & fit the song. Were this an anti-clickbait advertisement, I'm not sure how effective it would be.... "aww, they're so cute...!" but as a fun little music video, 5/5.

GW: "Burn Baby Burn!" GW: "Burn Baby Burn!"

Not Bad

Based on the animation alone, I thought that the piece was well-designed, if somewhat simple and predictable. As for the message, well... let's just say that I'm not into alarmism.

Stop The War In Lebanon Stop The War In Lebanon

War is Bad, Mmkay?

War is a serious subject, granted, but your approach seems to revolve around appealing to the "OMG people die" aspect of war rather than the actual reasons for the war. Whag I want to see is logic and reason... that -this- war is unjust because of specific, well-reasoned points. Dead people do not convince me; they are a byproduct of any war.

Do you have a point beyond the "war is bad" angle?

Trichinosis Trichinosis

Flawed Message

As I'm not of a socialist mindset, I find it hard to put merit into the whole idea of compulsory sharing. Similarly, I cannot blame the rich for the ills of the poor. The justification of "those with money should have to share" has never sat well with me, simply because it smells of injustice.

You fail to mention, of course, that the United States is also the biggest charitable contributor on the face of the earth. It damages your message if that is known, of course (and it tends not to appeal to the rebellious teenage "I h8 amerikka" crowd), so I suppose I see why you left it out.

Simply put... it is trendy to blame the United States for the ills of the world, but it is a woefully flawed stance. Success does not equal guilt.

hatrobot responds:

Thank you for your comments. My intent is not to place the blame for the world's problems squarely on the shoulders of the United States, but it is an appeal to those who are in a position of power or influence to consider what they might do to help address the situation. The apathy, greed, and corruption existing at all its various levels in the world are at the root of the problem. Thank you for your input.

The Maxwell Edison Story The Maxwell Edison Story

Silver Hammer Time

Amazing work. Not only did you manage to make an excellent music video, but you managed to make a music video so memorable that when I hear this song, I think of your work. I've got nothing to complain about, for once.

Our First Halloween Our First Halloween

Enjoyable Animation, Sound Issues

Let me first say that I enjoyed the animation. It was funny without being vulgar, and didn't rely on one element of repetitive humor. The style, though simple, fits with the animation... so no complaints there.

A couple of suggestions / comments, though.

One, I'd suggest normalizing the volume of your sound. For example, the trashcan kicking was extremely loud compared to the rest of the sound... while its realistic, lowering the volume would still get the point across without causing old people (like me) to require defibrillation.

The second issue was with sound quality in some cases. While I loved the voice acting... it wasn't perfect, but the voice actors were able to convey something beyond the wooden stage voices of a high school play... the sound did pop and crack in a few places (trick or treaters). I'm not sure if that sound was recorded with different equipment, or if the volume affected it, but it was mildly distracting.

All in all, though, I like your style and I'd like to see more of this sort of thing.

The Real Legend 2 The Real Legend 2

Good Work: Here's My Critique

I found your entry to be an interesting one, and I found it surprisingly humorous and enjoyable. Your artwork suits the style and the animation, while not perfect, worked with this piece. The story was amusing enough even to a non-Zelda playing person, so Kudos.

On the other hand, I believe that your story needed to be a bit quicker in some places; I found myself wishing for a scene to end and move on to the next a few times. Additionally, your voice work was adequate, but I would have liked to see a better quality for your sound bits.

The 10 Second Showcase The 10 Second Showcase

Good Idea

I like the concept; a demo reel to give people a teaser into the animation styles of various artists. What, though, was the intent? Are artists just looking for props, or is this a true demo reel meant to garner partners... or was it just for fun?

The transitions between artists could have been marked a little bit better; sometimes, it was hard to tell where one artist ended and another began. Also, some continuity between the labeling scheme would have been appreciated; as a viewer, I don't like to have to hunt for the artist's name if I want it.

The KERRY Kampaign The KERRY Kampaign

Amusing

Though the graphics were cheesy, and the transitions between sections were sometimes weak, I found this piece amusing. If only John Kerry would actually come out and say what he stands for specifically, eh? ;-)

Oh, and vote Libertarian, if you vote!

JeremyLokken responds:

Thanks for your honest review. It was totally cheesy!

No Remorse No Remorse

Excellent Portrayal

I'd like to see more work like this, Luis. You other animations are okay for cheap laughs, but something like this makes a statement. Great job.